Tethered Option for ASV 30 470/860
Our ASV 30 series Unmanned Aircraft Systems can be easily equipped with a tethering option. With this option, the UAV system stays in stationary mode for up to 24 hours of uninterrupted mission.
The tethered option allows to conduct persistent missions at heights of up to 100 meters (330 ft.) above ground while transmitting high definition imagery to the ground in real-time via a fiber optic cable.
The tethered UAV system is composed of an ASV 30 and a tethering pack including a cable winding in and out of the Ground Power/Control Station.
The ASV 30 can stay in the air for up to 24 hours with power supplied from the ground through the tether pack. At the same time, the high definition video and image acquired by the gyro stabilized camera mounted on the UAV is transmitted to the ground via the fiber optic cable part of the tethering cable.
The entire system has two distinctive advantages over the normal UAV:
- Extended operations time and ultra-wide bandwidth for greater and improved transmission capabilities.
- Easy system reconfiguration between free or tethered mode by simple power rack exchange in the UAV.
- Possibility of operating the system from the back of a vehicle at speeds of up to 25km/h (15 mph).
The tethered system option includes:
- One or more UAV(s) selected from our ASV30 series unmanned aircraft
- A Tethering Ground Power Station capable of supplying the UAV with up to 2,500 Watts of continuous electrical power
- Up to 100 meters (330 ft.) of highly opted cable
- Up to 15 kg. (33 lbs.) operational weight
- An airborne power conversion sub-system installed in the UAV in a cooled rack of similar dimensions as the battery rack
Please call or email Paul Ouellette for more information and pricing: